JOB OPPORTUNITY: COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Are you an excellent communicator in Te Reo Māori and English with a proven track record in internal and external communications management? Are you passionate about Maori and more specifically Rongowhakaata culture and being part of an organisation that is committed to ensuring our people, our place and our histories are available for future generations? More so, do you fit the above description and want to work for an organisation that operates a High Trust Model allowing you to have flexibility and own your role. Then we are looking for you!
Rongowhakaata Iwi Trust is seeking a Communications Manager to take care of all their internal and external communications. This is an integral role to the organisation and has 2 permanent direct reports and varying responsibility for contractors. You will need to be ambitious and determined to achieve our strategic priorities, think, be agile and innovative, and ensure that all communications to various stakeholder groups are consistent with our values and outcomes.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a Communications role, or experience at management level in a role requiring judgement, communication and relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated experience leading a communications marketing or public relations function
- Demonstrated excellence in both oral and written language, skills in Te Reo Maori and English
- Knowledge of Rongowhakaata tribal structures, relationships, history and processes.
- A tertiary qualification in communications and / or public relations
- Knowledge of tikanga
- Initiative and the ability to think on your feet
- Previous experience working for Iwi (desired not essential)
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Whakapapa to Rongowhakaata iwi (desired not essential)
- Proven team management experience
If this position sounds like you, or you would like to know more please apply online. Applications must be submitted online via seek.co.nz and will be managed on behalf of Rongowhakaata Iwi Trust by People Plus Limited. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact Jenny at email@example.com or on 027 551 5142.
50261711 SEEK LINK